2012-2013 Sockers Youth Foundation
Financial Assistance Guidelines
Sockers Youth Foundation, Ltd offers two types of scholarships that serve to the betterment of soccer in the Chicagoland area.
I. Need-based – more frequently awarded
Need-based financial aid is awarded on the basis of the financial need of the family and or player.
Priority will be given to Players based on the following and in the following order.
- Families that provide service and time to the club when needed
- Players committed to the club and its mission (years of service)
- Coach’s recommendations
Criteria for Need Based Awards:
- Completed application.
- An explanation of unique or extenuating circumstances that have led to a financial burden that precludes the applicant from paying fees.
- Number of children in program
- A commitment to the Club as demonstrated by the past participation as a volunteer for various Club related activities.
- Willingness to commit to performing work that benefits the Club.
Awards may be in the form of:
- A reduction of fees for accepting a work assignment at tournaments or at a club sponsored event
- Reduction in participation fees.
After the successful completion of the application, obligations to deposit are satisfied and the panel discussion applicants will be notified if an award has been issued. Details of the awards will be distributed in writing and signed by both the panel and the accepting applicant. Any awards based on conditions 1, 2 and 3 will be associated with a timeline for completion. Recipients are expected to meet all milestone of the timeline. Failure to meet those obligations may result in a revocation of the award.
II. Merit Based – rarely awarded
Merit-based scholarships will be evaluated when a player is nominated by two a Soccer Club officer for special talents, leadership potential, because of group affiliation for outstanding service to the community or other exemplary personal characteristics. Awards include both scholarships awarded by the Sockers Youth Foundation, Ltd. and those awarded by outside organizations or individuals.
All applications for Need Based and Merit Based Awards
Applications, applicants and awards will be deemed confidential except Merit Based Awards that are explicitly earmarked for public dissemination.
All awards will be determined by a panel consisting of one of the ranking officers of Sockers FC Chicago, the Sockers Youth Foundation, Ltd finance department and at least two members of the Sockers F.C. senior staff. One panel member will be assigned the role of a “Sponsor” to assist Need Based applicants with completing the application and assist the applicant with documenting the extenuating or unique circumstances of their situation. The applicants “Sponsor” will present the application to the panel for to discuss and determine the availability of an award.
Applications will be available the beginning of May – please keep checking the website for updates.